Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Food minister Sharad Pawar is indeed feeding!


















Sharad Pawar will soon replace Lalu Prasad Yadav as media's favourite child. Of course Pawar is the most boring politician for a drama-crazy tv media, but look at the recent newspapers, look at the recent news bulletins(breaking news!). Probably he's been in the news for the most part of our lives. As our agriculture and food minister, as BCCI bigwig, as ICC chief, as NCP leader and as a prominent figure from Maharashtra politics! Phew! Who says he's not feeding!
From my cartoon page on facebook!

Satish Acharya's cartoon page I always loved caricaturing Sharad Pawar. He's one of those politicians, where I don't need to look at a photo while caricaturing. I could draw from memory(Some of the others are Manmohan singh, Sonia, Lalu, Mulayam, Mamta, Advani, Gadkari, Thackerays(all of them!) etc etc) But while doing this cartoon I thought of using his photo for caricaturing him. I guess it came out pretty decent.I always wondered how can Pawar manage so many roles. As a senior union minister, as an important partner of UPA, as BCCI bigwig, as ICC chief, as NCP leader ...phew! And he was in news for all the wrong reasons in different roles. That thought prompted me to this cartoon idea. There's absolutely no formula to get an idea. There's no method also. Your profession trains your mind and sets your thoughts for the right tuning! Really complex!

Featured Post

Get a copy of my cartoon book on demonetisation, Rupee or Not Rupee!

Rupee Or Not Rupee is a collection of my cartoons on demonetisation. The 100-page all color book contains around 100 cartoon...