Sunday, April 18, 2010

Invite to my first exhibition.


A big moment! In any artist’s life, first exhibition is a big moment.
And  here’s my moment. My first exhibition takes off on May 6th in Bengaluru.
It’s been a pretty interesting journey from a sleepy town of Kundapur(near Udupi in Karnataka) to the vibrant Mumbai’s media scene. The journey is also about the quest of a young  kid, from a small town, for any cartoon-related info in pre-internet age to the twitter-age, when the challenge is in picking the right info.
Just to keep the show relevant, I have picked the recent cartoons. The works to be exhibited in Bengaluru, are mostly the recent ones and they don’t have lots of caricatures also (I love doing caricatures). May be in the next exhibition I will plan to make the show comprehensive.
Here’s an invite to the exhibition which starts from May 6th and will be open till 19th May.
Do drop in to the exhibition, have a look and leave your feedback. If you happen to visit the gallery during  6th, 7th or 8th May, you may bump into me! Would love to meet you and discuss your viewpoint.
This is my personal invitation to each one of you. Be there to share my big moment.
And big thanks to everyone for bringing this big moment!





22 comments:

Sachin said...

Congrats and good luck. I am sure it will be a great exhibition.

Dipti Das said...

U R great a cartoonist Satish! Keep up the good work n all the very best for your future!!

Arun Ramkumar said...

congrats mate!

Satish Acharya said...

Thanks Sachin, Diptti and Arun.Do visit if you're happen to be in Bengaluru!

Shruthi said...

Congratulations! I'm sure it'll be a success :)

Jean said...

Congrats and Good Luck!

@jean_blore

Rachana Shakyawar said...

@ Satish


I'm so so Proud of you...you defintely got the most inspiring personal-professional roll story...to look for and feel the true shades of enthuism and creativity!


Trust me..after the most livly and real says of RKLaxman in TOI...I look forward to your(World of Indian Cartoonist) strokes of colors and humors in your cartoons!

~ I shall try my best to reach your Exhibition and take your autograph...so keep your pen or paintbrush ready dipped in ink:):)

~ It is a very happy and a cheerful momment..more as it is the First exhibition...May I wish you many many more such big events and exhibitions of your salient talent, not only in India but world-wide!!

Just Rock the world with your brush strokes and patterned cartoons:)


~Keep the Spark ALive..

Nethra said...

Hey congrats. :)
Btw do we have to pay entry fees for your exhibition? ;)

Satish Acharya said...

Hi Rachna,
You just made my day.(though i may not deserve such a nice comments)
I know sometimes it's embarassing, but will try my best to keep all the readers happy n smiling.
And will wait for you at the show(May be I should take your autograph!)
What say!

Satish Acharya said...

Nethra,
It's as free as a pure smile!
May be I need to pay and bring people to the exhibition
haha!
:-)

Unknown said...

Congratulations ....... best of luck for the event.....

vasant arkachari said...

Congrats Satish!
Wish you good luck for your Exhibition...........................
I will surely be there for the Exhibition.

Neha said...

Hi Congratulations.... n All the VERY BEST :))
Neha

Datta3 said...

hi sathish... congrts
wish u good luck

Nethra said...

You don't have to pay. You sketch beautifully and I'm sure people would want to see your work.
By the way, I'm game. See you at your exhibition.

K V Gautam said...

best wishes for the exhibition. tc. k v gautam

Abbas said...

Mubaraka Sirjiiiii,

Hope you have soaring success in the first exhibition. I fondly hold on to the caricature you made of me and hope there are more on display at the exhibition. Wish I could have made it to Bengaluru, but guess will have to wait till you have one in Mumbai. All the best.

Khalil Sawant said...

Congrats

Is Aakar Patel the same who writes at Live-Mint now,

http://www.livemint.com/articles/Authors.aspx?author=Aakar%20Patel&type=wa

Anonymous said...

gud luk mate
u will have toon exibition beyond borders one day
abrams

Rachana Shakyawar said...

Hi Satish!

Hey, I have a request for you...Kindly check this Link:
http://rachanashakyawar.blogspot.com/2010/04/pursuit-of-passion-creations-of.html
~ Got a surprise for you in the post :)

~Keep the Spark ALive..

Prats said...

Congratulations!! I have been following your cartoon since long time. They have been a constant source of humor in my daily life.
I would be visiting the exhibition for sure on Saturday or Sunday...
Will I get a chance to meet you in person?

harini said...

comgrts sathish
you are in the top position ....
keep it up...

harini

Featured Post

Get a copy of my cartoon book on demonetisation, Rupee or Not Rupee!

Rupee Or Not Rupee is a collection of my cartoons on demonetisation. The 100-page all color book contains around 100 cartoon...